Using The Service
NEECS has a self-referral policy for those living in the North East Edinburgh designated area.
IF THE WAITING LIST FOR A SERVICE IS OPEN you may refer yourself.
To refer yourself for counselling, please complete the online Self Referral Form or if preferred phone us on 557 4478 to provide your details. Before applying to NEECS please check your availability to attend all appointments matches NEECS ability to provide them. We are unable to advise how long you will have to wait for an initial appointment with us however be assured we will offer you an appointment when we can. Should you require counselling outside of the below times click on the Directory Link to your left or email us to provide a longer list of possible helpful sources via the get in touch link.
Currently NEECS can only offer counselling on
Mondays (9am to last appointment 12.45pm)
Tuesdays (9am to last appointment 4.30pm)
Wednesdays (9am to last appointment 12.45pm), and
Thursdays (2.45pm - last appointment 6.45 pm) These evening sessions are very heavily over subscribed and incur the longest wait for an appointment with NEECS.
Once you have attended an initial assessment your following counselling appointments will be at the same time and on the same day each week, with each session lasting up to an hour.
The phone is generally answered between 9.15am - 4.15pm Monday to Thursday. Any message left on the answerphone is responded to within these hours. At times it can become necessary to put the answer machine on during these times. Please feel free to leave a message as we shall get back to you as soon as we possibly can.
- We check which waiting list you would like to go on, either the Short Term, Core or 16-25 service (dependant on a list being Open)
- We will take a few details from you: name, age, address, telephone number and email address.
- We will also ask for your GP details, where you heard about us, your availability to attend and whether you pref a female or male counsellor or have no preference
- We will not ask personal questions regarding why you are seeking counselling.
- If you need urgent help/support while you are waiting, we can provide by email a list of other services/information that may be of help to you
- The contact information you give us is stored on our computer.
- For all our services you are sent a confirmation letter of being placed on the waiting list, together with an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form to return to the service in the SAE provided. We will refer you to the website for all information about NEECS provision
- We will be unable to say how long you will have to wait only that once on the list we shall offer counselling when in a position to do so.
- Your address will need to be within the catchment area of North East Edinburgh.
USING THE SERVICE
- You will be contacted either by phone or email and offered an initial session.
- When making appointments we always ask people to confirm they will be attending, in order to avoid unused sessions and further lengthy waiting times.
- Ongoing appointments will take place on the same day, and at the time each week. We are not open at weekends or evenings
- At your initial appointment, your counsellor will explain, and give you printed information about the service, appointment arrangements and confidentiality and also our contributions policy.