Using The Service
NEECS has a self-referral policy.
To refer yourself for counselling, please phone NEECS on 557 4478 or complete the online Self Referral Form
The phone is generally answered between 9.30am - 5 pm Monday to Thursday and 9 am - 3pm on Friday. Any messages left on the answerphone are responded to between these hours. At times it is necessary to put the answer machine on during office hours.
- We check that your address is within the catchment area of North East Edinburgh.
- We check which waiting list you would like to go on, either the Short Term, Core or 16-25 service.
- We will take a few details from you, name, age, address, telephone number and email address, if applicable. We will ask for your GP details, and where you heard about the service.
- We will not ask personal questions regarding your reasons for seeking counselling. If you need urgent help and support while you are waiting, we can give you information on this.
- The contact information you give us is stored on computer. For the Core and Short Term services you are sent confirmation of being placed on the waiting list, together with an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form to return to the service. For the 16-25 service, we aim to offer you the date for an initial session when you refer.
USING THE SERVICE
- You will be contacted either by phone or email and offered an initial session.
- When making appointments we always ask people to confirm they will be attending, in order to avoid unused sessions and further lengthy waiting times.
- Ongoing appointments will take place on a regular day, and time.
- At your initial appointment, your counsellor will explain, and give you printed information about the service, appointment arrangements and confidentiality.